About Applied Metapsychology International
Applied Metapsychology International Mission Statement:
We facilitate the creation of a world in which people can experience the joy of the journey toward achieving full human potential.
Applied Metapsychology International (AMI) was first formed by Frank A. Gerbode, M.D. in 1986, for the purpose of continuing to develop, research, and disseminate the subject of Applied Metapsychology. AMI is a 501(c)3 Non-profit corporation.
As well as working out the basic philosophy, AMI has gone on to develop specific applications of the subject, such as dealing with addictions, complex trauma, bereavement, phobias, relationship problems, enhancing creativity, and maximizing potential.
Beginning in 1999, AMI formed an Editing & Development Committee to publish a series of professional skills workshops, so that individuals may obtain training in the theory and skills needed to become facilitators of the subject and bring its benefits to others wishing to improve the quality of their lives. Through AMI's, efforts many of these workshops have been recognized as valid continuing education for psychologists and social workers, while still remaining open to members of the public without prior education in the field of mental health. This serves the purpose of being able to brining these simple yet highly effective methods of personal development to the widest possible audience (for further information on this subject, see A Psychologist Addresses Potential Concerns of the Mental Health Community, by John Durkin, Ph.D. Candidate and Applied Metapsychology: Therapy or Personal Growth, by Dr. Gerbode.). At this time, the basic workshops have now been translated into seven different languages, and are being offered around the world. AMI maintains responsibility for the programs and their content, overseeing that basic standards in the training are upheld.
AMI also maintains a certification/accreditation program to set standards of service and to provide individuals who have successfully completed the basic training, the opportunity to improve and develop their capabilities. The program further exists to recognize instructors who can deliver the workshops and have the skills necessary for training and supervising others as facilitators.
Since its conception, AMI has continued to support, encourage, and oversee research around the world.
Special thanks to the Friends of AMI who's benefactions enable the continued development, stability, and expansion of the subject of Applied Metapsychology:
Supporting Applied Metapsychology International supports the aim of developing human potential. By contributing you can be a part of facilitating this process. There are many ways to offer your support:
- The Friends of AMI - a special group of people making a special difference in the world!
YOU SEARCH OR SHOP ...
WE GIVE!Raise money for your favorite charity just by searching the web and shopping online!
- Make a Holiday, Celebration, or Tribute Gift - In these days of consumer holidays, choose to celebrate the special occasions of friends or family with a tax deductible gift to AMI. Personalized acknowledgement will be sent to you and the special person you are honoring.
- Make a Memorial Gift - Make a donation in memory of a loved one, and AMI will send a personalized letter to the bereaved family acknowledging your thoughtfulness. You will also receive a personalized acknowledgement.
- eBay Auctions to Benefit AMI - What better way to clean out your garage, basement, and attic, and make the world a better place?
AMI is now a registered non-profit corporation with eBay so you can sell any item on eBay and choose to donate 10% to 95% of the take to AMI.
When listing your eBay item, click on "Donate Percentage of Sale"; then "Select a New Non-Profit". Type "AMI" in the popup window to select AMI as the recipient of your donation. The rest of the scenario is just like any other eBay auction listing.
Anyone who has an eBay account and wants to volunteer as a "Direct Seller" for AMI, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. All volunteers appreciated!
If you are unfamiliar with auctions but would still like to donate, contact email@example.com. You would then be responsible only for fulfilling shipping at the end of the auction. Larger items, like cars or furniture, can be designated pick-up only.
This offer is not limited to the USA; you can always specify what countries you are willing to ship to in individual eBay auctions.
Anything from a postage stamp to fishing boat can be a fundraiser; let the gavels bang!
- Make a gift of stock or property - Gifts of appreciated stock, securities, or property are a good way to make a meaningful gift to AMI, avoid capital gains taxes, and receive a tax deduction of the fair market value at the time of the transfer. When making a gift of this type, please always contact your own financial planner before making the gift. Please contact AMI by phone at 1 + 800 499-2751 (Toll-free USA, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Canada) or +1 734-761-6268 (elsewhere) if you wish to consider a stock/property donation, or for further information, contact us at info@AppliedMetapsychology.org.
- Include AMI in your estate planning - When thinking about your financial planning, keep in mind that by naming AMI in your will as a beneficiary, or by establishing charitable gift annuity, or charitable trust, you are not only supporting the future of AMI, you may also realize financial and tax benefits for you and your loved ones. Contact us by phone at 1 + 800 499-2751 (Toll-free USA, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Canada) or +1 734-761-6268 (elsewhere), or email info@AppliedMetapsychology.org for further information.